Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Do Floral / Florist Delivery people get tips from the person they deliver to? What is the usual tip?

I have never heard of tipping a flower delivery person. Especially, since someone is sending you the flowers as a gift. However, I did research it and found the following website that shows suggested amounts of tips to be given in a variety of situations such as flower deliveries. Its a neat website- check it out. It suggest $2-$5 for a flower tip.


http://www.onlineorganizing.com/ExpertAd...

Do Floral / Florist Delivery people get tips from the person they deliver to? What is the usual tip?
I've never heard of tipping a delivery person. The florist charges the person placing the order a delivery fee, and the driver gets a salary. A few dollars might be a nice gesture, now that you mention it.
Reply:I have been a delivery person for a florist, and tips are not very common. Occasionally, someone has tipped me maybe 1 or 2 dollars, but I always thought that it should not be expected of someone receiving what is usually a gift, and I did feel a little uncomfortable accepting a tip at those times.


No comments:

Post a Comment